FLYING START FOR NATIONAL SALES ACADEMY 2018!
December 7, 2018 Comment off
National Sales Academy (NSA18) – the first event of its type for ambitious sales professionals from across UK business – has proved a resounding success, filling a key gap in the sales development market.
This year’s inaugural CPD Accredited Sales Transformation Event for Sales Teams, Account Managers, BDMs, Sales Executives, Fields Sales, Telesales, Customer Service & Inside Sales Professionals – organised by Lincoln West and supported by the Institute of Sales Management (ISM) and the Association of Professional Sales (APS) – took place at Coventry’s Ricoh Arena on 28 November.
Addressing a large, enthusiastic audience of sales professionals with a growth mindset and a desire to listen and learn, a host of outstanding speakers provided a wealth of new ideas, practical advice and motivation. NSA18 showed delegates how they could improve both their individual and team effectiveness, giving their sales performance and their careers a boost.
The highlight was a fascinating keynote on ‘the DNA of a Champion’ from Sir Clive Woodward, who famously coached England to glory at the 2003 Rugby World Cup, before going on to head a successful Great Britain team at the London 2012 Olympics. Sir Clive’s message came across that, in business as in sport, attitude is everything. With the right mindset, sales professionals can train themselves to overcome obstacles and pressure to achieve outstanding performance.
It was a theme that resonated throughout an inspirational day, when delegates also heard from a superb speaker line-up, including:
- Julie Holmes, conference host and ardent advocate of ‘little big bangs’ – incremental innovation for dynamite results’
- Andy Preston on ‘stand-out selling’ – how to create immediate impact in sales calls
- Warren Knight on social selling in the Digital Age
- Jeremy Malindine on reframing ‘selling’ to ‘buying’ in the customer experience
- Richard Newman on increasing sales impact and influence
- Simon Hazeldine on how story-telling sells more products
- Justin Cohen on pitching to win.
Steve Lindsey, Managing Director of event organiser, Lincoln West, praised the quality and commitment of the speakers: “They made this a really useful and inspiring conference, enabling sales professionals to improve their knowledge and skills, and boost their self-belief and motivation,” he said. “It will stand them in good stead for the future, giving them a leg up in their sales careers.”
NEW next year…
The Sales Academy will form an integral part of next year’s National Sales Conference, which will take place on November 28, 2019, again at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry. The Academy will become one of the five key sales streams within the UK’s leading and only independent Sales Transformation Conference:
- Leadership: C-Suite, CEOs, MDs, Sales Directors, Heads of Sales & Sales Managers
- Academy: Account Managers, KAMs, BDMs, Field Sales & Core Sales Roles.
- Inside Sales: Personnel who reach customers by phone or online, rather than face to face, incl. Sales Development Reps, Lead Generation, Account Executives, Telesales, Online Sales, Sales Renewals & Internal Sales Support
- L&D: Sales Enablement, Head of Talent and L&D Professionals
- Graduate: Future Sales Talent, Universities & Growth Mindset Graduates
NSC 2019 will take place on November 28,